Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler Ice CafĂ© today.  My lesson with Lynne was cancelled today so I had an hour's worth of patch practice.  I ran through edges and FO8, FI8, then some quality time on waltz-8 with most of it actually consisting of working on the BO edge->step forward.  I'm still not turning my foot under me, especially on the LBO; at one point I had Mary, Heidi and Linda all looking at it with me, lol!  I think the key things to think about are posture (stand up straight), weight in the middle of the blade, look where I'm going and try to step to the FO edge not a flat.  Uck!

I finished up with some time on BO8 and BI8.  Yow, they are rough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home