Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 05, 2018

Choreo

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  We had a short lesson today.

I warmed up with Bronze Moves -- mostly okay other than, again, circle-8.  Yuck.  Then I did some jumps and some spins. I actually got a couple of spins that were almost okay -- I was actually over my skating side.  I'm not exactly sure what I did differently other than I think I bent my knee more on the step forward, so then I straightened up and felt like I was actually over my L side.  Yay.

For my lesson, we talked briefly about what elements needed to still go in to the program and decided on the salchow, a waltz-toe combo, and another spin.  We quickly sketched out what that might look like.  I think we will also put in a spiral.

MidWinter is 6 weeks from Sunday!  I've not registered yet but I have my hotel so that is good :-).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home