Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, December 15, 2017

Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the 8:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert. I warmed up with some Bronze moves and a couple of waltz jumps.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz jump -- just a few.  Holly wants me to actually concentrate on doing a good one! :-)  Head up, good entrance, etc.
  • salchow -- actually, pretty good. I was pretty pleased.  Some work to keep the head up and get more lift, but not too shabby.
  • toe loop -- a fair amount of time on these.  Holly had me work to do them on the hockey circle so that I should pick and jump inside the circle.  Hmm.  Also working to have a stronger check after the 3, which does help.
All in all not too shabby.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home