Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Plugging Along

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  Nice ice and just 2 skaters!  I scribed circles and warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- random layout.  First RFO still kind of large, and some other issues.  We did another layout and it was better so we moved on.
  • FI8 -- random layout.  Some small issues but generally okay.
  • waltz-8 -- About the same.  We took some time to work on the 3s as they were being a little problematic and I'm having issues holding the exit, which throws me off a bit subsequently.  We were able to make a good improvement in the 3s -- not so jumpy.  The trick is to come "up" but not too far up!  Still feel the ball of the foot/rocker pressing into the ice.  This helped a lot.
After my lesson I worked a bit on BO8 and serpentines.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home