Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, December 01, 2017

FXOs & Program Choreo

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with Bronze Moves (all of them!) then ran my dramatic program.  I finished a couple of seconds late, toe loop was kinda wonky and spins were crappy -- but at least I did everything.  I realized afterward that I need to re-center this program since we had adjusted it for Autumn Antics (3/4 ice) and now I need to move it to the "right" so I have better ice coverage.

Today's lesson:

  • FXOs -- I asked to look at these as I'm still trying to improve them as far as quality and being able to do them at a faster tempo and more in a row.  Some improvement.  We also worked on the harder side to put the crossing foot down without having the toe turned out.  That worked but then I had to bend my knee even more to be able to still get an underpush.  So, some progress.
  • Free skate choreo -- we continued working on this . So far we have:
    • opening pose - hands in front of face, L hand on top, open fingers
    • RFI pivot
    • swizzle forward with hands
    • swizzle back into a back two-foot twizzly-thing
    • 5 CW BXOs around in a nautilus-shape
    • push back
    • waltz jump

All in all we're getting there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home