Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Perseverance

I had planned to take yesterday off from skating, after my late night return from 2018 Pacific Coast Sectionals in Spokane.  A good thing, too, because after 5 days in a very cold rink I picked up a bit of a cold.  I wound up staying home from work and sleeping a lot.  I felt pretty ukky this morning (had to cancel my figures lesson :-( ) but after dragging my butt to work I decided I might as well skate my contract ice at 5:30 p.m. at Chandler since... contract.

I spent a half hour working on Bronze moves.  I'm really pleased with 3 of these now (perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges and 5-step).  Circle 8 still is an issue and power-3s I really still am not happy with.

After my moves work I spent the remaining 15 minutes on jumps (nice waltz jump, horrible toe loops, a nice salchow) and some spins (uh).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home