Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Same Stuff, Different Day

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ© as usual.  I warmed up with edges and FO8 and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FI8 --  pretty good.  My circles are smaller than the FO8 circles though.  It's not horrible but it's pretty obvious when they are laid out next to each other.  Hmm.
  • waltz-8 -- as always, the bulk of our time.   Still working mostly on the step forward. I'm getting better at bringing the upper body around before the step forward but I need to do it more quickly -- otherwise I wind up cutting too far into the circle.  I really need more practice time for these to improve. Ugh.
  • serpentines -- we worked on moving the free leg back at the quarter circle so it's in position before the COE.  Then we worked on not anticipating the COE and not making it so diagonal :-).  We made some good progress but I still need to push harder and need better flow.  Lynne says I should not worry about both of those things at the same time as it will tend to throw me off -- I can alternate between trying to push harder and trying to get better/smoother flow.
After my lesson I worked some more on waltz-8 and also serpentines.

Lynne's family came with her today. It was so nice to see her baby girl, she has grown so much!  She's adorable.  Her husband got on the ice too and was skating around in hockey skates. Cool!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home