Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Program Runthrough, Spins, Toe Loop

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  This was rescheduled from last week.

I warmed up with stroking, then Bronze Moves - just perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges and 5-step mohawk.  It was really cold in the rink this morning!

Today's lesson:

  • program runthrough -- I ran my "Years" program with music.  It actually went really well!  I remembered all the new arms stuff, my spins went relatively okay, the toe loop not so great.  I only finished 2 - 3 seconds late, so that's progress.  And a victory of another kind -- I went to do my first spin and someone was kind of in my way and I held my ground and did my stuff where I needed to!  I'm kinda proud of that.
  • spins -- we worked on these for about 10 - 12 minutes.  I got a couple that were pretty good, actually.  We worked on keeping the R arm up and then bringing the arms in.  
  • toe loop --meh. We did a bunch that were just so-so. I am rushing too much.  I did one at the end w/Holly holding my hand and that was better -- it makes me slow down and bring it around.  I need to do that on my own!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home