Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 28, 2017

FO8, Waltz-8, Serpentine

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Café as usual. Nice ice and just me and Donna skating today.

I warmed up with edges and FI8 and scribed my circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- pretty good, except my return to center on the LFO was a little diagonal.  We did a 2nd layout (both in random places, but on a line for the long axis the 2nd time) and it was better.  Flow was pretty good.  Considering the short warmup I thought it was pretty good, actually.
  • waltz-8 -- first set not so great.  Second set was much much better until I fell on the 3rd RFO3.  Urph, I was just going a bit fast and got too forward on the turn.  We worked some more after that and I fell a number of times, I was just trying too hard I think.
  • serpentines -- we just worked on the RFO-LFI side.  I realized I was not really bringing the free leg forward before the change of edge in any considered way, so we talked about that and worked to do that a bit earlier.  This really helped on the FOI to help me stay on a better edge and not anticipate, and I had better flow.  However on the FIO I was really struggling to get the change of edge to happen.  We'll have to revisit that.
After my lesson I worked a bit more on serpentines but still no progress on the FIO change.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home