Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Choreo

I skated the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler to work on choreography with Tammy - brushing up my showcase dramatic program that I competed only once, at PCAS in 2016.

I warmed up running through Bronze Moves.  Circle-8 pretty stinky (how ironic!).   Power-3s meh.  Reasonably happy with the rest.  I still need to get down in my knees a bit more and push the heel down on the BXOs though.

For our choreography, we walked through the program without music, then worked on some of the elements.  We went over the chainĂ© turns and these came back more easily than I expected.  Reviewed the mohawk sequence and that is a bit rough.  Went through the side toe hop that I left out when I competed (oops).  Somewhere around this point we realized that I've never done this at Autumn Antics before and we need to move things down in order to accommodate the smaller ice for that event.

All in all we got a lot done, actually.  I was really pleased with our progress.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home