Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 07, 2017

Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert 7:30 a.m. FS. Nice ice and just 4 skaters.  I warmed up with most of the Bronze moves.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz jump -- 3 or 4.  Generally okay, but I'm not holding the landing well.  My check is somewhat lacking.  On the positive side the jump was coming straight off the toe and there was decent height (at least for me).
  • salchow -- we worked on these to keep my head up and to be patient.  One good one, several that were so-so and a number of bad ones.  I mostly need to not rush these.
  • toe loop -- I did a few on my own, then Holly held my hand after the 3 to help me slow it down. That helped, but it's not a panacea.  Lots more work on these.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home