Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 01, 2017

BXOs To BO Edges; Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS.  Ice was fresh but kinda bumpy.  Just Brenna and I.

I warmed up with stroking, circle-8 and perimeter XOs.

Today's lesson:

  • BXOs to BO edges -- these are looking better.  I'm still up on my toe a bit on the RBO (?!).  Still playing with the starting point to get my pattern centered better. Ugh. Still I'm happier with these. If I can get off my toe they will actually be kind of okay.  I'm doing a better job of looking over my shoulder, so that's good.
  • waltz jump -- just one. Good height and a nice takeoff.
  • salchow -- some work on these to get me to not look down and to consistently land on one foot :-).  It's better.
  • toe loop -- meh.  These were not so great (very cheated) so I had Holly hold my hand after the 3 to get me to slow it down.  This does help.  I think we need to do it a bit more to get the muscle memory in place though.
I am going to work with Tammy a bit this month to get my showcase program brushed-up/refreshed.  Also I talked with Holly about working on spins again -- it's time.  Bleah.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home