Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Competition Prep

My last lesson and practice before the competition this weekend! I skated the Chandler Ice Café for my figures lesson. Gorgeous ice today, and 6 skaters.

I had no real time to warmup as I was slightly late getting on the ice and we started my lesson at 12.  As a result I was kind of nervous the whole time, which is IMHO good practice for competition anyway.

For today's lesson we did a bunch of layouts on clean ice, no scribe.  We did a couple where I did an FI8, then a waltz-8 on the same circles.  Then we did several waltz-8s on clean ice.

In general the FI8 was okay, although my nerves were getting me and it definitely wasn't my best.  The waltz-8.... kind of rough, though it did get better.  Still some real control issues all around.  At least I didn't fall :p.

The figures competition is Sunday morning!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home