Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Circle-8, Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  We had to reschedule due to travel.  As usual, really nice ice (except for a couple of holes) and 4-5 skaters.  I warmed up with stroking and circle-8.

Today's lesson:

  • circle-8 -- I whined to Holly about how awful these are; I'm still not getting around on the R foot.  We worked on it a bunch without much improvement.  We also experimented with starting on the L foot instead of the right. I think this is an option, but need to double-check.  It might work better though.
  • waltz jump -- just one.  Not a great landing but good height and a nice takeoff.
  • salchow -- a bunch of ukky ones and one good one.
  • toe loop  -- we worked on this a bunch.  I'm still rushing the entrance.  I had Holly hold my hand right after the 3 to get me to slow down and bring it around. It did help. I did one at the end on my own again and it was better.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home