Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Waltz-8, Serpentine

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler adult FS.  7 skaters and 3 coaches, so a little busier than I'm used to.  This is the last week for adult FS, next week we are back to Ice Cafe and my patch schedule will be a bit wonky 'til after the Sherwood competition.

I warmed up with edges, FO8 (much better, actually) and FI8 (just okay).

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- literally all but 2 minutes of our time.  We spent most of our time working on the LFO step forward and we did actually (eventually) make some progress in getting a better edge out of it.  I think the key for me was to try to think of the step to the BO edge the same as for MIF BXOs to BO edges; and then to really hold the shoulder back and stand up more on the step forward.  The restart RFO3 is still a bit wonky but it was at least happening, so that was something.
  • serpentine -- just 2 minutes on these.  Ugh, they were rough!  
So I am going to sign up to compete FI8 and waltz-8 (ugh!) at the Sherwood competition.  I'm a bit terrified of doing the w-8 in front of judges, but Lynne's right, I need to get it out there.  I've been told there will be at least one other person doing w-8 so I can lose to someone :-).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home