Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler adult FS for patch practice.  I wasn't feeling well last week so I missed Wednesday and Thursday... feeling better now although my L ankle has been bugging me a little the last couple of days.

I warmed up with edges, then some work on FO8 and FI8. Still issues with my push although it did eventually improve -- I did a better job of bending the knees and digging in, and better at sitting back on the blade earlier.

From there I spent a bunch of time both at the boards and on the big circle working on the step forward.  A little progress, I think.  After that I went ahead and worked on waltz-8.  Had to fix my 3s a bit, then working on the step forward.  The LBO was better, the RBO just a little better.

Finished up with 5 minutes on BO8 but all I really worked on was the RBO.  Push is still too weak.  Grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home