Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

FO8, FI8, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Café.  This is the last week for Ice Café 'til fall.  We will continue on the 11:45 a.m. adult freestyle next week. Hopefully that will be a good environment for patch!

I warmed up with edges and FO8/FI8.  Not too pleased with my 8s as I was having trouble making it around the circle, pushes were not great and body position not optimal.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- worked on being more consistent in getting immediately to a good position after the push; also holding back the free shoulder on the RFO.  
  • FI8 -- not too bad, but some issues on the return to center on the RFI where I felt off-balance and was way too far forward on the blade.
  • BO8 -- had not done these in a while.  Had some real issues with the RBO as far as holding position and fighting rotation.  My position on the LBO is so much better!  On the LBO I keep my free foot close and it looks and feels much better, more secure.  On the RBO I tend to be in "landing position" which is stable but not really what judges want to see.  Grrr.
Starting the 2nd week of June I will have a second hour of patch per week. I'm hopeful that doubling my ice time will help me really progress -- it's badly needed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home