Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Bronze Moves; 3s

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I'm still getting over being sick so not in the best of moods, but my lesson was okay.

Today's lesson:
  • perimeter XOs -- not too bad.  Still too slow and I need better FXOs.  BXO side was not bad except for one place where I stepped too early.
  • power-3s -- these are really sucky, still.  Both sides, but RFO3 is worst of course.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- slow, but the pattern is good and I remembered to do my arms right :-)
  • circle-8 -- not too bad.  Holly was really pleased with circle size, tracing and lineup of circles and said it was passing.  I told her it needs to be .2 over to make up for other stuff :-)
  • 5-step mohawk -- really slow, still, and a loss of balance moment, but in general it's getting better.
  • 3s -- we spent the last part of the lesson working on improving my 3s since Holly feels (and I agree) that the power-3s are the weakest part of my moves right now.
 I also played part of the music for my light program and so far it seems like it should be okay.  I need to rework the 2nd part though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home