Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 15, 2017

Perseverance

I skated the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler for practice.  After missing this session for several weeks due to illness, late nights, and just laziness I got my butt in gear again.  Yay!

I spent the first half or so of the session running through Bronze Moves.  Bleah.  Okay most of it wasn't that bad, other than the power-3s.  5-step is a little rough still, but I think if I slow it down (tempo-wise) I can improve it actually.  Anyway I got through it which, for right now, is probably progress.

I spent the last half of the session working on jumps, and I also tried a few spins -- which were uniformly awful.  Salchow... not that bad.  Not as good as I did last week in lesson but I did land one almost on one foot, and another almost that good.  Tried some single toe loops which were not good; waltz-toe I didn't land on one foot :-(.

It takes me a long time to warm up on Mondays, presumably 'cause I've been off the ice since the previous Thursday.  Yuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home