Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Perimeter XOs & Toe Loop

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Beautiful ice and just 2 skaters!

I warmed up with stroking, circle-8, edges, and some FXOs and 3s.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter stroking -- Bronze move.  We ran through this, then focused on the BXO portion.  Some frustration on trying to get the pattern right.  It took a while to figure out that the issue was really that on my CCW BXOs I'm doing a very minimal 1st push and then immediately going to the 2nd push.  So the whole thing is over quickly instead of being a slower tempo and more powerful like the other side is.  So once that was understood I made some progress, though I still need to work on it.  Of course I had considered this one of my best moves, but I did get dinged on it when I tested so...
  • toe loop -- I had worked on these on Tuesday a bit.  Still having issues with it though... Holly asked me to try doing a waltz-toe combo and I did (badly) but she was thrilled.  I did jump, but two-footed the landing and while it wasn't exactly a toe waltz the placement of the pick-in was a bit off.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home