Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Back Outside Edge Move; Salchow

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Move to Tuesday this week due to a work schedule issue.  I warmed up with stroking, edges, the circle-8 and some waltz jumps.

Today's lesson:

  • back outside edge Bronze move -- this is the back outside edge to landing position move.  We had not looked at it, as far as I know.  It's a bit rough in places.  We worked on filling out the pattern, and Holly was big on watching my upper body position.  She says I'm too square and I need to go ahead and rotate the upper body a bit more quickly.  The RBO is a bit rough still, I'm up on my toe and it doesn't feel secure.
  • salchow -- just a few minutes on these.  They are a little better than last week, so that's good.  Still landing on two feet though.  I think I need to relax on these a little more and just let them happen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home