Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

FXOs & Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate. As usual, great ice.  They are installing a RinkMusic system!  It's not running yet but should be handy when it's done.  Yay!

I warmed up with stroking, slaloms, circle-8, edges and some FXOs.

Today's lesson:
  • FXOs -- we worked on getting a better cross and some underpush.  On the CW FXOs I tend to set my foot down with the toe pointing slightly outside the circle, which is problematic.  We managed to greatly improve the CW (harder) side and also a bit on CCW.
  • waltz jump -- I told Holly I thought it would be good to get back to jumping before it became a mental "thing"... so we did.  Did a couple on the wall, then one with Holly holding my hand from a standstill, then several from a moving start.  They were actually just fine and not scary. So yay!
  • salchow --so we went on to these.  They are about as I remembered, which is actually not so bad at this point.  Lots of improvements needed but at least I did some bad ones.
  • toe loop -- similar for these -- not good, but at least I'm trying them and not balking so that's good.
I'm really pleased to get past this last hurdle. Now I just to fix stuff but I'm at least sort of able to do what I was doing before the ankle break, so that's progress.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home