Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

FO8, Waltz-8, BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  I warmed up with edges and FO8.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- still working on getting my muscle memory back -- bend knees, PUSH, sit back on the blade. Ugh.  And LEAN IN to the circle, especially when passing arms!
  • waltz-8 -- BO edge is better.  The step forward is improving, slightly.  3s are okay when I don't force them, but unfortunately that's 40% of the time :-(.  Still, we made some progress I think.
  •  BI8 -- just a couple of minutes on these.  Actually not that bad.  My push stinks so I'm not getting around (just 3/4 or so) but the position is okay.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home