Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

3s & Spins

I skated the Gilbert adult skate for my lesson with Holly, as usual.  I warmed up with stroking, edges, some crossovers and 3s.

Today's lesson:
  • stroking -- still trying to get my speed back. It's actually not THAT bad, just that I'm not willing to do it for very long.  Grr.
  • 3s -- much more time on these.  They are actually a lot better, even the RFO3.  We didn't try any FI3s.
  • spins -- we were going to try these in the harness, but the harness is only for kids sizes and won't fit me.  Grrr.  So I just did some from the windup.  Windup is not bad, actually.  Spins were not really happening, but I had low expectations.  I was mostly happy I made myself do them.
All in all not too bad.  No lesson w/Lynne tomorrow as I'm traveling.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home