Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

FO8/FI8

I had my first figures lesson in 7 months today on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  I had about 30 minutes to warmup and scribe circles. I mostly worked on forward edges.

Today's lesson:

  • FI8 -- about half the lesson on these.  RFI is a bit not so great, LFI was better.  Relearning to sit back on the blade, and not to rock forward when I push.  
  • FO8 -- similar to FI, but not nearly as good.  Mostly same issues though, plus struggling to keep the free shoulder back on the RFO.  Ugh.  Not quite making it around the circle at this point.
All in all, about what I expected. I've lost a lot of ground and there's a lot of relearning to do.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home