Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 02, 2017

BI Edges, Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  I warmed up with FO and FI edges, then did some FO8 and FI8.  After that I got brave and worked on BI edges.

Today's lesson:

  • BI edges -- my push ain't what it used to be!  It's much weaker, and back to struggling to get that initial push to be perpendicular to the axis and on a BI edge to start.  After the first lobe, though, these weren't bad.  We worked to make sure I keep the upper body set and quiet and don't turn out of the circle.
  • FI8 --  a little rough to start, but better than last week.
  • FO8 -- actually, really good!  I had one bad push onto the LFO but other than that I was reallyh happy with these.
  • Waltz-8 -- eeep.  My 3s are not so great.  These were pretty ukky to start with, but they did improve after a bit.  A long way to go on these as I've lost a lot of control and my "list" of things I need to watch isn't really in my head anymore like it used to be.  Needs lots of work, but I was pleased to have gotten back to these.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home