Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 09, 2017

Preliminary Test, BO Edges

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  Relatively crowded today, 7 skaters!

I warmed up with forward edges and BI edges and scribed some circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FI8 -- not too bad, though of course not as good as it was before my injury.
  • FO8 -- still kind of weak.  Push to the right foot is weak and I don't turn my foot out enough.  Some definite problems with upper body control and keeping it quiet.
  • waltz-8 -- Yuck.  Most of my 3s are not so great, and I'm not holding the exit well.  The BO edge is actually not bad -- I'm doing a good job of holding it around.  Step forward still weak as always, especially on the R side.  Still for where I'm at it's not so bad.
  • BO edges -- I had not worked on these since I came back.  Actually pretty good!  I was so pleased!  Initial push was decent and flow was good.  Lynne reminded me to keep my free foot in front.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home