Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Power-3s

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  As usual, nice ice and just 5-6 skaters.  I warmed up with stroking and edges.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- just trying to feel the speed.  Not too bad.
  • slaloms -- ugh. These get me tired really quickly.  Just one lap.
  • 3s -- we spent some time on RFO3 since I hadn't really done any.
  • power-3s -- we had talked about goals since I'm not going to compete until November (Autumn Antics) and so we agreed that going back to work on Bronze Moves is a good step.  So we worked on the power-3s.  Holly wants me to try to keep the lobes shallower, and don't start the BXO too soon.  For the first time in ages, they weren't too bad, actually.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home