Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Preliminary Test, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  Great to see all my friends at this session but it's a bit more crowded that it used to be!  8 skaters and 3 coaches.

I warmed up with edges and FO/FI8.

Today's lesson:

  • FI8 -- first one was a bit rough but after that, better.  Initial push is still a bit weak and I really need to fix it so I'm not rocking forward on the blade for the first part of my circle, esp. on the first one.
  • FO8 -- Meh.  The first set were pretty bad.  Second set much better.  It's mostly that things that I always remembered before (like sticking that left shoulder back) I don't remember automatically anymore.
  • waltz-8 --  I fell twice on the RFO3!  Lol.  So silly, that slow motion fall because I'm too far forward after the 3.  Some of the LFO3s were nice, at least.  Pretty much the same as last week, the step forward (that's always been a problem!) I lean outside the circle too much and/or it's too slow so I cut into the circle.  Grr.
  • serpentines -- just like 2 minutes on these.  The LFIO was not so great, very skiddy and I anticipated the change of edge too much.  RFIO was not bad, actually.  Pushes are weak.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home