Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Yerba Buena!

I was in San Francisco this weekend and couldn't leave without trying out the famous Yerba Buena rink downtown.

I got there about noon, but they don't let you in the rink early (session was 12:30 - 2) so I had to wait until 12:15 to get in.  $12 for the session.  My friend Joanna R came about 12:45 and we skated and chatted for a while (we went to lunch after, yay!).  I had to get off around 1:15 as my ankle was really bothering me (I had walked several miles the day before, which was dumb of me).  I mostly worked on stroking and crossovers and a little bit of edges.  I realized I'd not skated a public session in literally years.

This is a beautiful rink!  The northern wall is all glass and there is lots of wonderful light.  Ice is fairly soft so it got torn up fairly quickly.  All in all it was a fun experience :-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home