Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 02, 2017

FO8, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ© as usual.  Seven skaters and two coaches and really nice ice!

I warmed up with edges, FO8 and FI8, then started playing around with BO8 a bit.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- we spent about half the lesson on this.  Still working to have a better push and to have more control right after.  Some good improvement; but I still feel like I am not pushing hard enough (or very hard).  Grrr.  
  • BO8 -- lots of work on this, actually all on the RBO.  Push is okay and I'm doing a pretty good job of position but then having problems in the last part of the circle.  We worked on keeping the free foot close after I pass it back, with some good results; but having a hard time controlling rotation and keeping that right shoulder back. Lynne also reminded me that I really need to keep the head turned (look over the right hand!) for the first part of the circle.  Duh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home