Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Spins & FXOs

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  As usual, nice ice and just 4 skaters!

I warmed up with stroking, edges, FXOs, a couple of power-3s and a spin.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- just one lap.
  • slaloms -- just one lap.  Ugh, I need to stand up straighter on these. I tend to crouch and it makes my lower back hurt after a while.
  • spins -- a bunch of time on these.  It took a while for me to remember to stay low in the knee longer.  I'm still not bringing my free leg in, which is annoying.  And I'm not staying over my left side, I keep dropping my right shoulder... which led to...
  • FXOs -- I whined at Holly about how I don't feel like I am over my skate on the LFO for these.  After doing a bunch of FXOs and LFO edge, I think we've determined the problem is that I keep dropping my right shoulder which pulls me off the edge.  So I made a determined effort to keep the left shoulder down also and to realllllly turn into the circle and that helped a lot.  Must remember this.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home