Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

FO8, Waltz-8, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  As has been the case recently, a bit more crowded than in the past -- 8 skaters and one coach.

I warmed up with edges, FO8 and FI8 and then some practice pushing onto the R foot.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- mmph.  Still a bit inconsistent on getting promptly to a good edge (esp. RFO) and holding it.  Better on the LFO, but there I have an annoying tendency to lean out of the circle a bit on the 2nd half of the circle, which pulls me off onto a flat and slows me down.  Ugh.
  • waltz-8 -- after a couple of false starts I was able to get my 3s back to the nice place they were at last week. The key is to keep the free leg close and work on sinking back down in the knee after the turn!  So these were better, except for the step forward on the R side which is still pretty bad.  Yuck.
  • BO8 -- we worked really hard on keeping the R shoulder pressed back on the RBO, with some good results; however my pushes were insufficient and I still wasn't making it around in spite of having a good position and feeling like I was in good control :-(.  Worked on the LBO and there I was really struggling to keep the L shoulder pressed back; the difference is I have better control over all so I never really noticed it before.  That still needs some work.  I really love working on these though :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home