Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Bronze Moves & Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I forgot my jacket today!  I had to borrow one... good thing.  I had pulled all my stuff out of my car so I could transport gear for Fiesta Skate and I forgot to put the jackets back in... oh well.

I warmed up with circle-8 and perimeter crossovers.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- Holly wanted me to run the test, so I did.  These were mostly okay except I got a little off balance and skipped one of the CW FXOs.  The BXOs were somewhat better so that's good. I'm doing a better job of slowing the tempo down on the BXOs.
  • power-3s -- ugh. I did the RFO3s first and they were pretty stinky.  LFO3s were better.  Holly says I need to slow the tempo down on the back lobe BXO here also.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- mmph.  I think my arms are still weird on these but they were better.
  • circle-8 -- these were the best I've done since I came back, and better than in my warmup!  I actually got around the RFO just fine.  LFO circle was a little too large. 
  • 5-step mohawk - yuck.  Holly wanted me to watch the 4th and 5th step, so I did.  The actual mohawks are pretty ugly, especially on the L side.  Grrr.
  • half-flip -- Holly briefly considered working on toe loop from the half flip so I did a couple half-flips, the first since I broke my ankle.  They actually were just fine but doing a toe loop from there seemed a bit much so we moved on.
  •  waltz jump->toe loop -- mmph. The actual waltz jump seems mostly pretty nice.  The toe loop... I'm not bringing the right side around very well and I'm landing two-footed.  Lots of work still to do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home