Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Waltz-8, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ© as usual.  7 skaters and one coach and really nice ice!

I warmed up with edges, FO8, FI8, then did some practice pushing harder and also some 3s.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz-8 -- ugh.  We spent about 20 minutes on these.  Other than inconsistency (!) the step forward is still pretty bad.  Even if I remember to keep my shoulder back, I then wound up leaning out of the circle on the return to center -- skid city.  Yuck.  People make this look so easy!  I know it would seem easier if I were in freestyle blades, but I wouldn't really solve the issue here. Grrr.  Lynne says the first circle on each side is better, but when I restart I'm tending to get ahead of myself.  I agree. Bleah!
  • serpentines -- the good news is that my FOI change of edge is actually improved.  I'm not anticipating and it's relatively short and smooth.  The bad news is that my pushes are still too weak (I'm about 1/2 circle from making it around) and am too far forward on the blade on the transition so I lose speed/flow.  Yuck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home