Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Waltz-8, BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe as usual.  I warmed up with edges and FO8/FI8.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- ugh.  3s have improved and BO edge has improved so the sticking point is (mostly) the step forward.  On the positive side that's where I was before I broke my ankle.  On the negative side... this is where I've been stuck for a while.  But, things are different so I'm going to work diligently to fix that step forward so that it works.
  • BI8 -- These are somewhat improved.  The actual edge is mostly not bad.  The push is lacking, but to be fair it probably is the hardest push to do in skating.  At least I enjoy these!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home