Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Bronze Moves, 3s, Salchow

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate. Beyootiful ice and just me today!  What a treat :-)

I warmed up with Bronze Moves and worked on alternating 3s -- I still can't do these.  Ugh.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- wasn't too thrilled with the FXOs, but BXOs were not bad.  I need more speed though.
  • power-3s  -- bleah.  Pattern is good but everything else is pretty stinky.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- not too bad.  Needs more speed and still up on my toe a bit on the RBO.  I reminded Holly that the focus for these first 3 elements is "continuous flow and strength" which is USFSA's adult euphemism for "power". I need more power.
  • circle-8 -- better than in my warmup, but I still came up a little short on the RFI circle to LFI.  I need a better push!
  • 5-step mohawk -- somewhat better.  The change I made to the L side mohawk (pushing out more) really helps, but this is still really rough. Still, at this point it's not the worst move -- that's the power 3s.
  • 3s -- we worked just a bit on FO3s to try to get me to have more control.  As usual for me it's about taking my time and not rushing.  Urph.
  • salchow -- just a few minutes on these.  Took a few tries to get back to taking off in the right place.  After some more work, though, I actually managed a couple that were landed on one foot, so YAY ME! :-) We'll keep working.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home