Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Back Mohawk; Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  A bit crowded today.

I warmed up with edges, FO8 and FI8.

Today's lesson:
  • back mohawk -- at my request we spent some time working on just the back mohawk/step forward that I'm struggling with on the waltz-8.  I'm pretty well able to characterize what's wrong but fixing it is another matter.
  • waltz-8 -- after working on the back mohawk we worked on it in the context of the waltz-8.  I learned (again) that my mind has an amazing ability to view the exact same thing as different when it's in a different context.  So actually the back mohawk is slightly better in the waltz-8 than standalone.  I don't know why.  Anyway it was a little better. I need to keep working on this.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home