Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Waltz-8; Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  Just 3 skaters and nice ice :-).

I warmed up with edges, FO8, FI8, and some work on pushing harder.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz-8 -- almost the entire lesson.  Ugh! This rotten step forward, it's horrible.  Not that the rest of it is terrific, of course, but really... just very frustrating.  I don't feel like we really made any progress.
  • serpentines -- just about 3 minutes on these.  Push is still lacking and I was changing edge too early again.
I have got to find more practice time.  One hour a week just is not cutting it as I spend half my time just getting back to where I was the week before. Ugh.  I talked with Lynne about some possibilities but there seem to be only two, really -- 1) find another weekday lunchtime (this might be possible after May when I have to move my Wed. FS lesson to early morning) or 2) go old school and get up at crack o' dawn.  I'm not a morning person... we'll have to see.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home