Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Waltz-8; BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler adult FS.  I warmed up with edges and FO8/FI8.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz-8 -- almost the entire lesson on this.  Not sure what to say about this other than I continue to be really inconsistent about this.  It's all about my inability to really control my upper body movements so that I'm consistently over my skating side.  This is very frustrating.
  • BI8 -- just a little time on these.  I generally have decent control on these (I really enjoy them) but I mostly need to develop a better push.
After my lesson I was talking with Hannah about my waltz-8 issues.  She suggested something she had tried for her Senior MITF -- to really develop a "script" so to speak of focus areas that you repeat to yourself as you do the move.  The point is to focus on the next thing (so, avoid thinking ahead or behind) and to identify the one thing you most need to remember for that next element.  I sort of do this anyway but this would be an effort to make it more detailed and consistent.  I'm going to try to do this because, frankly, I need to do *something*.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home