Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Preliminary Test

My lesson with Lynne on the Chandler adult FS today... nice ice, 5 skaters.

I warmed up with edges and FO8/FI8, followed by some 3s.  My FO8 was horrible and 3s were not cooperating on the R foot.

Today's lesson:

  • blade issue -- I had Lynne look at my R blade. It is a little uneven, but only at the very front end of the blade so it's not likely to be an operational problem. *phew*
  • FO8 -- yuck!  We worked on it for probably 10 minutes before I was mostly getting around okay, esp. on R foot (but not exclusively).  It's all upper body position, plus Lynne said that when I started the first time, I set my R foot and then turned it out as I actually started!  Eeep.
  • FI8 -- not bad, actually. Could have a little more flow.
  • waltz-8 -- only 10 minutes on this.  Actually the L side was not bad but I was having issues with the RFO3, especially on the restart -- I come in a bit fast and on a bit of a flat so I could not get myself to even attempt the turn. We spent a lot of time on this. Yuck.  I'll have to spend quality time on this on Tuesday as it was just a massive time suck :-(

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home