Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Bronze Moves, Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert -- our new timeslot.  Nice ice and just 4 or 5 skaters!

I warmed up with stroking, some crossovers and some work on circle-8.

Today's lesson:
  • perimeter XOs -- meh.  Still slow, FXOs still stinky.  Other than that not too bad.
  • power-3s -- still stinky.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- mostly okay.  Still too slow and need to bring the pattern into the boards more.
  • circle-8 -- uck.  This was my best move when I tested and now it's just awful.  I don't know what's going here. 
  • 5 step mohawk -- still scratchy and uncontrolled, but better than it was.
  • more circle-8 -- we spent several minutes trying to improve my push and flow, without much progress. :-(
  • jumps  -- a couple of waltz jumps (okay) and a number of salchows (meh). My salchows are not as good as they were a couple of weeks ago -- either I just step over them, or I jump too late.  Grr.
  • 3s -- a couple of minutes at the very end -- just working on the RFO3 to get it more controlled.  Yuck.
No lesson next week due to scheduling issues :-(.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home