Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Perseverance

I skated the 7:45 a.m. FS at Chandler this a.m.  Proud of myself for getting my butt out of bed to get some icetime in -- yay!

I spent about 30 minutes on Bronze moves - ran the test, then came back and worked some more on 5-step to incorporate the stuff Holly gave me to work on.  I'm still not entirely in the groove on this but I feel like if I keep working it will be better.  Pushing onto that 3rd step (when I can do it) does slow me down a bit and give me a rhythm I was lacking.

I spent the last 15 minutes on jumps.  I just did a couple of waltz jumps -- they are a little sloppy, actually, and I'm not getting a good solid landing.  I'm having to step forward soon after which says I'm not in control.  Toe loop - ugh.  I'm still not bringing it around.  I practiced it on the circle like Holly had me doing and also just straight out. Salchow -- meh. I did one that was really nice except I did something weird with my L foot as I was taking off.  Which is too bad because the timing was perfect on it. I am getting a better feel for this though - it's more relaxed and not so rushed, so yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home