Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Waltz-8, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler adult FS.

I warmed up with edges and FO8.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz-8 -- 25 minutes on this! I *think* we figured out (a, or the) key to fixing my restart RFO3 mental block -- it's to restart with the upper body more like the initial start (free side/arm back, R arm leading) and not start off square.  Then when I rotate the upper body for the turn it's what I already know how to do.  Not a cure-all but it helps a lot.  Still more to do on this but grateful for progress.
  • BO8 -- just 5 min on these.  Much, much better than Tuesday!  My first push was awesome and I had a great RBO!  LBO was good also, although I need to watch my body position and get a little more aggressive with the push.  I didn't quite make the full 3 circles on either side but I'm feeling more confident about this.  Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home