Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Moves Etc.

I skated the Gilbert 7:30 a.m. FS today for my lesson - moved due to Cactus Classic tomorrow. I warmed up with stroking and some 3s since I've not skated FS in a while.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz-8 -- I wanted to look at these to see if I have a mental block in FS blades like I do in patch on the RFO3 restart.  Short answer - no.  Hmm.
  • blade alignment -- spent some time looking/experimenting with the blade alignment on my L boot.  It appears that it's a little off.  Holly had me skating a LFO edge and I feel... resistance.  I don't see that with my RFO.  Hm.
  • perimeter XOs -- first time was a little rough, second time was better. I'm just soooo sloooowww.  Ugh.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- mmph.  Holly worked with me to get me to look over my shoulder on the BO edge (AND have the arms right).  Tough.  Some progress, but more work to do.  For some perverse reason it's harder on the RBO than the LBO!?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home