Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler adult FS.  I warmed up with edges and FO8/FI8.  FO8 was actually better on the RFO, I was doing a better job of pushing and sitting back on the edge.  FI8 was okay.

Today's lesson was just on waltz-8.  The L side is not that bad other than the step forward. The R side is kind of okay, except that I'm developing this complex about the RFO3 after I restart.  The first one is always more or less fine, but the subsequent ones... I get weirded out about the edge, or my body position, or something and I force the turn because it just doesn't want to go.  Or I just can't make myself turn. Yuck.  Lynne suggested I work on practicing 3s to center as that would help me do the turn after a long(-er) period of prep.  Good point.

I have been falling a lot more (mostly on 3s).  I don't know if this is a good thing or not.  Mostly I get too forward on the turn and fall on the exit.  I need to stand up straighter.

We also briefly discussed the upcoming Sherwood competition.  Lynne wants me to do the waltz-8 and at least one other figure (maybe FI8?).  Ugh. I know I will crash and burn on w-8, but she has a good point that it would be good for me to do it under pressure.  Yuck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home