Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 21, 2017

5-Step Mohawk, Salchow, Toe Loop

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert 7:30 a.m. FS.  I warmed up with stroking and some crossovers.

Today's lesson:

  • 5-step mohawk -- we ran through these.  Holly asked me to try doing more of a "push" (and less of a "step") onto the BO edge (3rd step).  It took me a while to sort this out, but it does seem to help me get on a better BO edge and to get off my toe (yay!).  Need to work this more but pleased with some progress.
  • salchow -- had not done these in a while, they were pretty awful to start but improved.  Finally got a nice one at the end.
  • toe loop -- whoa, these were awkward.  Holly had me do them on the circle to try to get me to put more curve into it.  Then they were better but still landing on 2 feet. Finally got a nice one at the end... yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home