Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Preliminary Test

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler adult FS.  We moved my lesson to noon today so only 15 minutes for warmup (edges) and scribe circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- ugh. RFO was great; LFO -- I kept leaning out of the circle.  I just could not consistently hold that shoulder back and stand up straight. Ugh. We spent like 10 minutes on this! Grrr.
  • FI8 -- pretty good.
  • waltz-8 -- ugh.  We actually spent most of our time working on the L side step forward to LFO which was really bad. Yuck. Some of that is the same issue as I was having with my LFO edge but of course compounded by the context.  Only got to do the restarted RFO3 a couple of times; it was better but since not so great.
After my lesson I 15 minutes of practice on the waltz-8, still.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home