Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 28, 2017

5-Step, Power-3s, Waltz Jump & Salchow

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert 7:30 a.m. FS.  5 skaters and 3 coaches.

I warmed up with stroking, power-3s, 5-step and perimeter XOs.

Today's lesson:

  • 5-step mohawk -- just working on the improvements we made before and trying to get me to keep my head up on the mohawk. It is actually improved, so that's something.
  • power-3s -- Similarly, trying to keep the head up on these.  Some success and it did help a little.
  • waltz jump -- just a couple that were actually nice.
  • salchow -- after some messing around I got one that was really good!
We also spent some time talking about my light program.  I had a great idea for a program so I'm going to put the other idea aside for now and work on this one.  It's very clever and fun and I think it could be highly effective, though I suspect I can only keep it for a year or so because it has a definite "gimmick" and that kind of gets old.  We'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home