Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Bronze Moves, Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate -- moved to today due to travel this week for National Showcase.

I warmed up with some stroking, 3s and circle-8.

Today's lesson:

  • BXOs to BO edges -- we worked on getting me to look over my free shoulder on the BO edge and let it curve around more.  Real improvement!  Still up on my toe a bit on the RBO (not the LBO, kinda weird).  It's getting better though.  Would still like to improve my speed.
  • perimeter XOs -- Not bad, actually.  I ran through the whole move and then we worked some more on the FXO side as the BXOs were actually pretty good.  Holly had me work to get the lobes a bit deeper and let things curve around a bit more.  Some good work, I think.
  • waltz jump -- just a few, mostly trying to get a bit more lift and to hold the landing better.
  • salchow -- actually these are not too bad!
  • toe loop -- ugh.  We worked on getting me to check better after the turn and not bring the upper body around too quickly.  We made some progress but a long way to go.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home